martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014

stela TT443 tomb Benia

1) An offering which the king gives to Amun, Lord of the Thrones [of the Two Lands], Re-Harakhte, [Osiris, First of the Westerners, Anubis,] on his mountain, Hathor, Mistress of Dendera, Head of the Western Desert,
2) Thoth, Representative of Re, of the Great God, Lord of the Heavens, may he give to them: [a blessed spirit in the heavens, power on Earth, justification] in the Necropolis, receiving of bread offerings, which emerge
3) from their offering-table daily, an offering for the deceased of (bread, beer, meat, poultry), clothing, [alabaster, incense, consecrated oil, all beautiful and pure things, a li]bation, wine, milk,
4) offerings of all fresh plants, sweet air, fresh water, self-transfor[mation after his own pleasure, when he descends to the] earth and goes in and goes out in the necropolis
5) in the company of mankind, breathing the sweet air of the north-wind [as a (daily) requirement] and every [day] going out as a living Ba,
6) drinking water at the drink-place of the river, se[eing the su]n at dawn, not withholding from
7) the Ba, that which it wants, a beautiful burial after years in peace, with the "Lord of Life", whom the king follows,
8) with well-kept heart in a handsome elderly person, the Ka of the great confidant of the Lord of the Two Lands, praising the good god, the Overseer of the Works in Thebes and Overseer of the Craftsmen of the Lord of the Two Lands, Beniai,
9) named Pahekamen, justified by the Great God, Lord of the Necropolis. He says: I have come into my place of eternity,
10) into my permanent place, after I followed the Good God, [without my] case being found with accusation [being (raised)] against me, I was found without
11) a mistake on my part. (Rather), my master had praised me because of my excellence [and I was raised] to Overseer of the Seal-bearers
12) [because of the size] my [favour] with him, the Student of the Royal School, Benia [named Pahekame]n, justified by the Great God,
13) born of Irtenena, just[ified], and [born of the mistress of the house, Tiruk]ak, justified.

Words enclosed in [ ], are reconstructed from the damaged areas.
Words enclosed in ( ), were omitted by the scribe, but are assumed.
At the end of line 8, the scribe added an additional "i" to Benia's name.
TT343, the Tomb of Benia  ,
 better known as Pahekamen (or more correctly Paheqamen



globalegyptianmuseum

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario