viernes, 15 de julio de 2016

Bracelet with image of Hathor

The Museum’s collection of Nubian art owes its existence to the pioneering efforts of Dr. George A. Reisner, who was granted permission by the Egyptian government to excavate from 1906-1942. A series of colossal stone statues, a sixteen-ton royal sarcophagus made of granite, many gold and silver vessels, fine ceramics, and dazzling jewels are among the highlights of the collection, which spans the period from about 2500 B.C. to A.D. 350



Bracelet with image of Hathor
Nubian
Meroitic Period
250–100 B.C.
http://www.mfa.org/node/9458

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada