A pottery stand made from a thick red ware, with traces of red paint. On the side is the figure of a young woman in relief, she is naked and stands with her left arm raised to the basket she carries on her head.
Discovered by Garstang during his excavations at Beni Hassan in the early 1900's, the stand was later part of the private MacGregor collection sold at Sotheby's in 1923. The stand came to Liverpool as part of a gift from the Trustees of the Wellcome Foundation for the History of Medicine.
J. Garstang; " The Burial Customs of Ancient Egypt, as illustrated by Tombs of the Middle Kingdom", (1907) pl. XI, fig. 205.